Distributor I.D. # 727136

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sleep or Carnosine For Knotted Muscles

While we all know Icewave pain patches can relieve pain and decrease inflammation, I’ve recently learned that the carnosine and sleep patches can have calming and sedative-like effects on the body.

Furthermore, it was suggested to me to try the sleep or carnosine patch on chronically knotted muscles I have in my back. This spot in my back produces pain off and on, but it’s really always tight. I wondered what the carnosine or sleep patch might do for me.

I decided to choose the sleep patch first for this purpose. I figured I could wear the sleep patch all night, and hopefully, my muscles would be relaxing while I was sleeping.

It should be noted that my muscles in that spot in my back are usually tight. Sleeping alone does not relieve them, and I often still wake with tight muscles. I do stretch the muscles as I believe it to be beneficial, yet the tightness is never relieved. I've tried massages; they do absolutely nothing for that area of my back.

So, here I was believing I was destined to live this way. I was excited to learn that maybe the sleep patch could benefit me in other ways than just good sleep, so I tried it.

I do have to report that after two nights, my back muscles in two key places have relaxed. They are not knotted up as badly as they were. I still stretch, and if that area experiences pain, I will wear the Icewave patches on it. It’s exciting, though, to not be as tight as I once was.

P.S. I leave the sleep patches on during the day sometimes, which if it doesn’t make you too sleepy, is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. This keeps my muscles relaxed throughout the day, and I can function better.

*Author's Note: A week or so after I had been using the sleep patches regulary on my muscles, I decided to throw carnosine in the mix. I believe carnosine may actually work even better on my knotted back muscles than the sleep patch. I've now switched to the carnosine patches and am trying just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment