Distributor I.D. # 727136

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Carnosine Combats Cataracts

Cataracts are believed to be an age-related clouding of the lens of the eye and is the leading cause of blindness. Personally I believe cataracts are more of a health issue than an age one. Cataracts are the accumulation of years of an unhealthy lifestyle, however, there is no doubt that cataracts are a serious condition.

Conventional treatments offer dismal success rates and include dangerous surgery as the only answer. Conventional wisdom fails again.

I find the more I study health, the more I find there are natural, simple substitutes to nearly every conventional treatment. Most often, these alternatives are more effective, easier on the body, and less expensive. Cataracts are no exception.

Carnosine has been shown to have a wonderous effect on the treatment and prevention of cataracts. In clinical research, carnosine has been shown to actually "dissolve" cataracts. Carnosine is thought to be effective because it stops the formation of glycated end products, which is what is believed to be responsible for the formation of cataracts. Free radicals also play a role, at which luckily, carnosine is an antioxidant.

Eyedrops with carnosine are usually used to effectively rid cataracts and are available over the counter. If you're anything like me though, I hate to put drops in my eyes. I would much prefer to easily stick on a patch.

Thankfully, Lifewave manufactures a carnosine patch that increases the levels of carnosine within the body when worn. I am a fan of the patch because when I wear it, I know my body is getting full systemic protection, instead of merely in my eyes.

Carnosine, of course, has many other uses in the body than just dissolving cataracts. It accelerates wound healing, increases athletic performance, decreases the buildup of lactic acid within the muscles, scavenges free radicals, and is often referred to as the fountain of youth because it's anti-aging capabilities are so remarkable.

I should say that I nor Lifewave make any claims regarding the patches. Every person is different and results are bound to vary. However, I do know research has found carnosine effective in reversing or preventing cataracts, and our carnosine patch does increase carnosine in the body. Will our patches "cure" your cataracts? I can't say that, but I do believe there are benefits to wearing the carnosine patch. I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment